Cyber Essentials Certification
Protect your organisation from up to 80% of cyber security threats
with Cyber Essentials Certification.
From as little as £8 per week, and with up to 50% more support time than our competitors,
gain the peace of mind that your organisation is prepared for the future and ready to win new business.
What is Cyber Essentials Certification?
Cyber Essentials is an industry-supported scheme, endorsed by the Government, to help protect organisations against common online threats.
The scheme provides organisations with the opportunity to achieve two types of Cyber Essentials certification:
- Cyber Essentials: is a self-certification process, whereby the customer is requested to complete a questionnaire and provide evidence that is then assessed by one of our cyber security experts.
- Cyber Essentials Plus: involves an external vulnerability scan. This requires a site visit to perform adequate testing that meets Cyber Essentials requirements. This is a common procedure, that all certificated bodies will conduct.
With the rise in cyber security threats, gaining Cyber Essentials certification is the logical step to ensure your organisation is optimising all efforts in the fight against cyber crime. Enhance new business opportunities by demonstrating your dedication to cyber security and win new Government contracts that require Cyber Security certification.
Cyber Essentials Certification Benefits
How much does Cyber Essentials cost?
With 32% of businesses experiencing a cyber security breach in the last year*, the time is now to invest in Cyber Essentials certification.
The average cost of a data breach is in the £1000’s. With Defensity, you can protect your business from as little as the cost of a weekly cup of coffee – ensuring return on investment and justifying your Cyber Essentials cost.
Choose Monthly and receive up to 2 hours per month FREE Consultancy
Choose Annual to save 25%
Work with the Cyber Security Experts.
Experienced in delivering Cyber Essentials certification and supporting businesses through their cyber security journey
Secure Online Self Assessment
Results Typically Within 24 Hours
1 Free Retest
1 Week Grace period to fix issues
£25000 Cyber Insurance
30 Day money back guarantee
Government Recognised Certification
Protect Your Organisation for £8 a week
Why Get NCSC Cyber Essentials with Defensity?
- At Defensity, we are real cyber security experts. Every day, we help businesses in hundreds of different niches implement real-life solutions to cyber security threats.
- Because cyber security is our bread and butter, we are able to provide you with Cyber Essentials guidance and support from real cyber security experts.
- Many Cyber Security companies have backgrounds in cyber security theory but lack the experience we have when it comes to practical threat prevention.
How Cyber Essential Certification works
You will be sent a username to login to the Cyber Essentials Assessment portal, along with a password sent via text to your mobile.
After completing the questionnaire, our experts will analyse the results and will get in touch with any feedback on areas that may need addressing.
Once all problem areas have been resolved and you have passed the assessment, we will send you your Cyber Essentials Certificate.
Why Does My Business Need Cyber Essentials Certification?
Cyber Essentials was launched in 2014, by the UK National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC).
The goal of the Cyber Essentials scheme is to provide businesses with an assurance that suppliers, vendors, and other partners they work with, have adequate security controls in place to prevent data breaches.
Now in 2020, most businesses already have Cyber Essentials Certification. If you don’t, you’re in the minority. Your business might also be suffering as a result.
- Without Cyber Essentials Certification, you are missing out on the opportunity to work with other businesses where there is a requirement to handle sensitive data.
- Not following Cyber Essential guidelines puts you at an 80% greater risk of falling victim to common cyber security threats.
- Not having Cyber Essentials Certification deters business Investors.
- By not having Cyber Essentials Certification, you are unable to qualify for £25,000 of automatic indemnity cover if your business falls victim to a major hack or data breach.
Cyber Essentials is Vital for Modern Business Longevity
In the age of GDPR and ever-increasing cyber security threats, you can’t afford not to take cyber security seriously. Neither can other business risk working with you if you don’t.
When tendering contracts, neither government agencies or UK businesses will entertain bids from organisations without NCSC Cyber Essentials Certification. – Doing so can put their credibility at risk.
With Defensity, you can achieve Cyber Essentials Certification quickly. In doing so, you can improve the competitiveness, and all-important credibility of your organisation.
Most frequent questions and answers
Cyber Essentials can cost as little as £300 if you complete the assessement yourself. We offer consultancy hours to go with this.
If your business fails, we will give some guidance on how to address the problem – our guidance and advice is completely free.
Cyber Essentials Certification is valid for a 1 year period. Every year, your organisation will need to recertify.
Chat with us NOW if you have any questions
Defensity is an authorised Certification Body . Advice & Guidance is free.